What is Trailfest?
Trailfest is a fun-filled, family-oriented, off-roading weekend designed for all levels of four-wheel driving expertise. Learn how to use your vehicle in challenging off-highway situations…and make new friends along the way! All makes and models of 4 wheel drive vehicles with low range and tires smaller than 40” are welcome.
Spend a weekend roughing it on some of Canada’s attractive off-road trails on private land. Whether you’re a beginner or expert, you and your passengers will take guided trails that truly test your driving skills. Trails are categorized by their overall level of difficulty, and feature a variety of terrain – something for everyone. At Trailfest, you’ll find out how best to handle the trails from Guides who really know how to drive them. For those with little or no previous off-road experience, Trailfest offers Off-Road 101 for a helpful introduction to four-wheeling before you hit the trails.
Where is Trailfest?
Our event is held on private land just outside of Bobcaygeon, Ontario. Detailed instructions on how to get to the event will be provided once you register.
When is Trailfest?
Trailfest happens every year on the August 1st long weekend.
We reserve the right to refuse entry to vehicles which are unsuitable to the terrain. Here are the essential requirements:
- Four Wheel Drive Capable with Low Gear Option
- Front and Rear tow points
- Maximum tire size is 40’ (as printed on the side of the tire)
What Do You Get with Your Registration Fees?
- Two full days of guided trail rides on well maintained private trails
- Optional Off-Road 101 training, if this is your first time
- Experienced trail guides to assist you along the way
- Saturday evening games and challenges to test your off-road driving skills and sense of humour
- A chance to win many great prizes donated by our sponsors
- Saturday night fundraiser meal provided by a local service club (you need to pay)
- Sunday closing ceremony dinner (included with your registration)
- Sunday closing ceremony prize draw
- Any cancellation prior to June 1st will incur a $25 penalty
- Any cancellation between June 1st and July 1st will incur a $75 penalty
- Any cancellation between July 1st and July 15th will incur a $100 penalty
- There will be NO REFUNDS ON MERCHANDISE AFTER JUNE 1st
- Any cancellations after July 15th will not be eligible for a refund.
Thank you for understanding that for an event like Trailfest, many of the expenses are pre-paid and for these reasons issuing refunds close to the event date is not possible.
Accommodations in the Bobcaygeon Area
While you are participating in Trailfest you will likely need some form of accommodation in the area. We highly recommend booking early as this is a popular tourist destination in the summer.
Basic camp sites are available at the Bobcaygeon Fairgrounds (non-profit organization) for $25.00 per night (tent or trailer) – no pre-booking required; please indicate type of spot needing on the registration form. The Fairgrounds will dedicate a large section at the back of the compound for Trailfest participants (hydro and garden hose for water). First-come, first-served for the full hydro/water option near the washrooms for RVs. This location has a fully equipped washroom facility with showers, and provides water and dumping privileges for RVs with holding tanks.
For a complete listing of accommodations in the area, please visit the Bobcaygeon Chamber of Commerce website at www.bobcaygeon.org.